My family are huge Christmas cookie people. Our desserts throughout the Christmas season are exclusively cookies, we typically bake 15-20 different kinds plus more squares. I'm the master at making a cookie plate, my family are lost when I'm not there! This recipe was a new one for me this year, the recipe was brought to my Girl Guide Pathfinder/Ranger unit Christmas party. To be sure, they were chosen for their name, but they ended up being easy and fun to make, and delicious!
If anyone is familiar with magic squares, these are pretty similar, just a no-bake version. Try them out and let me know what you think!
1 can (300ml) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups dried coconut
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Additional graham crumbs for rolling into balls
1. Melt the butter and and combine it with the sweetened condensed milk & vanilla extract until well blended.
2. Add the graham crumbs, coconut and chocolate chips. Mix to combine well.
3. Refrigerate for an hour or so before rolling into small balls.
4. Roll balls in graham crumbs.
5. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.